The Beatrice and John Whiting SPA Biennial Travel Grants
DUE March 12, 2023
The Society for Psychological Anthropology (SPA) announces The Beatrice and John Whiting SPA Biennial Travel Grants to facilitate participation in the SPA Biennial Meetings. The SPA Biennial Meetings represent one of the most important ways in which the SPA promotes and supports the continued growth of the field of psychological anthropology, and these travel grants provide financial assistance to individuals who might not otherwise be able to attend.
1. Grants are open to undergraduate students, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows.
2. All applicants must be making a presentation at the conference in the form of a paper, poster, photo essay or ethnographic film.
3. Individuals who are participating solely as a session chair, discussant or workshop participant are not eligible.
4. Awardees must attend at least two full days of the conference.
5. Awardees need not be current members of the SPA.
6. Individuals are not eligible to receive the award if they also are receiving any other funding from the SPA to attend the biennial meeting, such as an International Early Career Scholar Travel Grant, or travel support provided to the SPA Board’s graduate student representative.
Awards of approximately $400 will be awarded to individuals to facilitate their participation in the SPA Biennial Meetings. The number of awards will vary according to the funding available in any given year.
If you have any questions, please contact The Beatrice and John Whiting SPA Biennial Travel Grant Committee Chair, Ted Lowe (email@example.com).
Follow the Link: https://forms.office.com/r/4PxBNP1u5e to complete an application
Or you can scan the QU code in the attached PDF with your phone or tablet device
You will also need to have an advisor/mentor send an email in support of this application to the committee. Please send these to Ted Lowe, committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
These support emails should also arrive by March 12, 2023.
Find the Application details and QR Code at: